So today’s Hollywood recap is covering a little more than just Hollywood and it’s a little sad, a little cute and all around random…I mean really, what else would you expect?
- Okay so let’s get to the sad news first. Hollywood lost two greats this weekend. Saturday the fabulous comedian Bernie Mac passed away due to complications of pneumonia.
And Sunday the soul legend Isaac Hayes died of unknown causes.
So incredibly sad. And so weird that both guys are starring in a movie together coming out later this year called Soulmen. It’s sad they won’t be there to celebrate it. My thoughts and prayers go out to both of their families.
- In happier more celebratory news, the Olympics are here. Did you know that? Haha, how could you not? And somehow I have been sucked into watching them. I’m not even kidding, I can’t help but watch whatever sport is on and cheer like a crazy person at my TV, it’s slightly ridiculous. By far the best event so far was the men’s 4×100 freestyle relay. In case you didn’t know the background to it, apparently the French swimmers were cocky and basically said they were going to “smash the Americans.” Yeah well that came back to bite them in the ass when Jason Lezak made a fantastic comeback in the final stretch of the race came to win it by .08 of a second! It was ridiculous. And all around amazing, let’s go Team USA!
- And will all of this American fever I thought it only perfect to share this rendition of the national anthem sung by Marvin Gaye. I hadn’t heard it until yesterday when my coworker sent it over (but apparently Nike’s the one that brought it back, go figure, haha) and really I don’t think our anthem has ever sounded so smooth.
- Now I know it was a little weird last week when I didn’t have any Violet pictures, but oh don’t you fret. She’s back with mommy Jen out and about and looking cute as always, I mean how could she not? Preccccious!
- Before I continue this next part let me say that although I was a huge NKOTB fan never once did I eat my hair or cry at the sight of them. With that I share some of the most insane Jonas Brothers fans at TRL ever…
Seriously if I knew these girls I would probably laugh at them. But I doubt they would hear me over the screaming of the other Jonas Brothers fans, or I get mobbed. I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself and let you decide, haha.
- Lauren Conrad and her main man Kyle Howard (aka the guy from Orange County) are supposedly still together. Who knew? Wonder if it’ll show up on the new season of the Hills….which comes back Monday!! Uh oh.
- In the most absurd news I’ve ever heard, Lynne Spears (mother to Britney and Jamie Lynn) is still coming out with a book. Pshaw? What? It was originally some parenting crap book and now she has called it “Through the Storm.” Oh man, I can only begin to imagine what this mom has to write about that Dina Lohan hasn’t already shown on TV, haha.
- And lastly in today’s Hollywood news, speaking of the Spears family, the promos Britney Spears filmed for the MTV VMA’s were just released yesterday and you know what, they’re not too bad. I’m glad Brit Brit has finally stepped up her act and has stopped behaving like a crazy person. It’s nice to have the old Brit back. You can check out the promos here and here. Woo.
And that’s all I got today from the Hollywood headlines. Woot.