Excuse me while I freak out a little bit over the fact that my baby is six months old already. Sunday marked the day and I swear to god the past week was a flurry of milestones and changes and why is everything moving at warped speed?
– Got his first tooth. Which may be part of the reason why we’ve been having so many late and long nights. His sleep has been pretty horrendous and I’m just going to blame it all on the tooth. But really, I think he’s just taking after his brother and we’re doomed.
– Continues to adore Riley like no other. It makes my heart melt. Every morning when he wakes up, he looks for Riley. He also gets a kick out of helping me wake Riley up from nap. I hope this never changes.
– Is eating real food! We started last month and it’s been fun to see what he loves (peaches, bananas, mango) and what he tolerates (green beans, carrots).
– Went on another road trip when we trekked up to Salinas last month. He slept for a lot of it, which was great. And he did a wonderful job being held by everyone. Seriously, he’s at the age that whenever we’re at a family event he just gets passed around and cuddled and I do not object.
– Has the best little giggle.
– Have hopped on the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before bandwagon. That movie is a delight. And if you haven’t watched it yet, please do.
– Am excited that our Mommy & Me classes have started up again. We’re doing classes Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and albeit a little exhausting, it’s nice to have a routine going again. I love being able to spend some time with other moms and to have actual conversations about parenting.
– Am anxiously awaiting my girls’ trip in November. I’m headed to Nashville with some girlfriends from college and I’m just so excited. A little stressed about leaving the boys, but ultimately excited.
– AM TIRED. ALWAYS AND FOREVER. THANK GOODNESS FOR COFFEE. AND DRIVE THRU STARBUCKS.
– Bought mini pumpkins yesterday so bring it on FALL, I am here for you.
– Went to my sister’s bridal shower over the weekend and it was a delight. It was derby themed and just so much fun to celebrate my little sis and spend time with the ladies of my family. It also wasn’t terrible to be kid-free for a few hours while sipping on chardonnay and mint juleps.
– Can’t believe that a year ago today I posted that I was pregnant. Man, that went by fast.