So yes remember that trip Matt and I took? And how it was awesome and how we stayed in Virgina and we’re totally hip and took the subway/metro into DC every day and learned that you MUST stand on the right side of the escalator or be yelled at? Right. It was superb.
Anyhoo, let talk trip shall we?
We were in Alexandria/DC for four days and in those four days we did almost every everything you can do in those cities. We explored and ate our way through Old Town Alexandria, visited three museums (National History, American History & National Air and Space) in one day, visited the National Archives, WWII memorial, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the MLK memorial all in another day, went to the Portrait Gallery, the Old Post Office building, the Library of Congress and toured the White House and the Capitol building on the last day. Basically we did ALL OF THE THINGS and saw all of the memorials and monuments.
And because pictures can’t sum everything up, some blurbs:
- Dunkin Doughnuts may not be the best thing ever, but it was quite convenient to have one across the street from our hotel (hello pumpkin doughnut!)
- During our White House tour the Secret Service told us how Michelle was upstairs after taking the girls to school (sadly she didn’t come down to say hello).
- There is a memorial or a monument for basically everything historical to ever happen in the US.
- Crab cakes are the most delicious on the East Coast.
- It’s quite easy to walk miles and miles and miles in Virginia and DC.
- Everyone knows everything about their city and it’s sort of amazing. Our friends Alli, Janet and Eric were excellent tour guides and always had fun quips to share and I was pretty much in awe of all of their DC knowledge.
So yes, that’s our DC stay and I cannot wait to go back again someday.
Have you been to DC? Do you live in DC? What’s your favorite part?
happy tuesday!Posted in My Crazy Life