I started watching Friday Night Lights. After lots and lots of people told me HOW GOOD IT IS, I caved. I mean yes Matt and I are still in the middle of the West Wing (midway through Season Two) and yes I have a plethora of TV that is, you know, actually airing right now but I was curious.
And now I’m sort of hooked. Not in my Sons of Anarchy/Dexter/Homeland hooked kind of way where I binge watch shows like crazy. More like, let me watch an episode or two here and there and I’ll have some more to come back to. And it’s lovely.
So yes, Texas things. I am seven episodes in. And I’m pretty sure I’ve audibly gasped and cried in every single one, which is in no way surprising.
And so far I’ve decided a few things:
- I don’t LOVE Riggins….yet. But I’m on my way. Although he is so swoony and I hope he never cuts his hair on this show because I just couldn’t handle it (it was hard enough when Jax did it, I can’t go through that again), I just am not totally on board with him yet.
- Connie Britton is divine. Seriously I love her.
- Saracen is such a dope, but in a good way. I adore how he’s finally making good decisions and just adorable and hopefully asking Julie out soon.
- Street’s story is so heartbreaking. And just so emotional.
- Coach Taylor is just SO GOOD. And so likeable. And I’m so glad he’s not a bomb squad guy right now.
In other FNL things. I know nothing about where this show is going, NOTHING. So please DON’T TELL ME.
Seriously, I somehow missed the five years it was on television to accidentally hear any big plot lines or twists or recasts or anything. So basically I’m watching this show for the first time with no influence whatsoever and it is awesome.
But really, this show is excellent. And thanks to Netflix the whole series is streaming so I’ve got plenty of episodes and most likely “ohmygod I’m crying AGAIN” tweets coming soon.
Did you watch FNL? Are you planning on it ever? This should be yes, because it’s good. If not, Tim Riggins is super swoony, the rumors are quite accurate.
happy tuesday!Posted in Hollywood Tales