Oh hey remember when I made goals and was actually doing them?
Yeah so let’s actually see what those were.
- Read 45 books. So far I’ve read 29 books so I’m right on track to hitting my mark and hopefully passing it.
- Focus on making myself happy before everyone else. I’ve struggled with this a bit. But I have had plenty of “me time” and days off to myself where all I do is what I want to and it has been glorious.
- Work out. Um. Gah. I still walk at the Rose Bowl twice a week but an actual regime, getting to thank, stat.
- Find more reasons to wear red lipstick. Also tutus. Yes and Yes. Red lipstick has become a thing and pretty sure all I wore at BiSC were tutus, so I’m doing well there.
- Watch at least 5 Movies from 1001 Movies to See before you die. And done. I’ve watched: Annie Hall, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Maltese Falcon, Kramer vs. Kramer and Some Like It Hot. I want to add more this year because apparently there are a lot of classics I just haven’t seen yet!
- Take a big trip or buy a house. Coming Up! Seriously I am counting down until our big East Coast trip. There’s still lots to plan but I AM SO EXCITED.
- Send at least 10 “just because” cards or gifts (or both!) to friends without telling them. I haven’t been really keeping count but I’ve sent out a few cards and cookies and fun gifts to friends and it’s just so nice to send little surprises.
- Re-tag/organize/categorize the blog. It’s seriously tagged all over the place since I made the switch. Oy. I need a functioning computer and internet and then spend a whole weekend doing this.
- Try a new recipe every month. I think I’ve been doing this? I’ve been baking and trying new things so yeah, I’ll just say I’m doing well.
- Take a leap. Try something, anything new this year. Well Yeah I took a pretty big freaking leap. I mean I had to drop out of the Color Run but then I ended up literally jumping into a trapeze. Sweet hell.
So yeah, the rest of my year should basically just be: watch movies, read books, send people fun gifts and work the eff out. Sounds like a plan to me.
Did you make any new year’s goals or resolutions? How are you doing? Slacking? Winning? Eh, what are goals?
happy weekend!Posted in Sometimes I make goals