I know, I am getting real clever with my post titles these days. Maybe when I’m not functioning on little sleep I’ll manage to post things a little more exciting or with a catchier headline. In the meantime, things have been happening over here (obviously) so I figured I’d talk about them.
– Spring has sprung. The flowers are in bloom and when I take Riley on walks it is just the most gorgeous and I love it. A whole lot.
– Speaking of our walks, last Friday I took a new route with Riley and I found a Starbucks gift card. It was like the universe was sending a helping hand for my solo parent weekend, and it was delightful.
– And on that note, as you can tell, I survived said solo parent weekend. I had help, of course. My parents, Matt’s mom, my aunt, my sister and her boyfriend all stopped by at some point over the weekend and all came bearing gifts in the food or coffee variety. I’m just so glad to have so many helping hands nearby, truly I am grateful.
– I haven’t read a book since before Riley was born and my soul hurts. Seriously, I miss books. But whenever I think I have a chance to read I realize I’d rather close my eyes or zone out with something on Netflix. Oy. Eventually I will read again and it will be a glorious glorious day.
– Oh, and Netflix. The new show with everyone’s favorite television high school football coach, Kyle Chandler (Coach Taylor for life), Bloodline, is so good. I watched it all over the weekend. I even forfeited sleeping when Riley slept so I could finish it.
– I have an inordinate amount of pictures of Riley sleeping. Seriously, it’s a bit absurd. But I can’t help it. He’s just so precious when he sleeps and most of the time it’s still on me.
- I’ve locked down a new freelance gig and a few writing spots. It’s exciting and a bit overwhelming. It’s sort of like I’m a real working mom, yet I still don’t totally know how I’m going to do it all. Luckily my dad can come by and watch the little man here and there and I can work in the rare times he naps in his swing and not on me. But I’ll make it work and I’m excited for my new ventures.
– As of today I’ve been a mom for seven weeks. I still pinch myself. I was reading my journal I kept through our whole journey and a year ago I was in a much different place. I was sad and our first IUI had failed. A year later and I have a son. The difference that year has made, I can’t even put it into words except to say that I am so grateful and know just how fortunate I am.
– My birthday is a month from yesterday. The big 31. Pretty sure all I want this year for my birthday is wine, sleep and a pedicure. Let’s make this happen universe.
And what’s going on with you? Have you watched Bloodline? Read any good books I should add to my list? Are you sleeping for me?
happy thursday!Posted in My Crazy Life